Barely Adapted From Movita Beaucoup's Chocolate Zucchini Bread
You Will Need:
- 1 medium zucchini (~ 1 1/2-2/3 cup), shredded
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/4 t baking powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/4 all spice
- 1/2 cup butter substitute
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 T ground chia or flax in 4 T water (this is less water than normal because of all the liquid in the recipe)
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flours, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- Cream the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Fold in zucchini.
- Add dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Place batter in greased medium loaf pan (I used 8 ½ x 4 or so)
- Bake for about an hour until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan (I'm serious, it will fall apart on you otherwise)