I had a craving for a broth-y soup after feeling pretty run down. It was toward the end of the week so the pantry and crisper was starting to look a little bare. So this is a sort of everyday, empty the pantry sort of soup. It is exactly the sort of soup I crave when getting sick too, bonus it's low in FODMAPs so less likely to upset my GI.
drizzle olive oil
2 stalks celery, diced
2 carrots, diced
1 tsp herbed poultry seasoning
1 cup chickpeas
1/2 tsp garlic salt
4 cups vegetable broth, low-sodium
2 T parsley, chopped
2 t Worcestershire sauce (or use tamari or vegan Worcestershire sauce to keep it vegan)
2 t lemon juices
1 cup arugula
3 T pesto
1. In a pot, or large sauce pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
2. Saute the carrots and celery for two minutes.
3. Add the seasoning, salt and chickpeas and continue to saute until carrots are starting to soften.
4. Add the broth and simmer for 5 minutes, stir in the sauce and simmer for another few minutes.
5. Add the arugula and allow it to wilt, also stir in the lemon juice.
6. Serve with a tablespoon of pesto on top. Yields 3 lunch-sized bowls.